- Oil for frying
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 2 cups cabbage, grated
- 2 cups celery or courgettes
(tender zucchini), chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups matza meal (NOTE: we use
fine bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cups nuts, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Saute onions in oil, till
translucent. Add vegetables and sauté for another 15 minutes. Remove from
- Add all remaining ingredients,
mix well and place in a loaf tin. Press down.
- Bake in medium oven, for 1 hour.
- This loaf, is "vegetable"
colored, but slices up nicely, just like a meat loaf. And for you
non-vegetarians out there... it's a different way of serving "veggies".
- You can make several batches up,
at once and can be frozen BEFORE you bake it, of course.
more easy and delicious recipes, please visit: